12 Questions to Help You Create Great Content
Posted by: admin 4 years, 5 months ago
When creating a new website, most people think about the design, color themes and images they want to incorporate. Many forget, or simply don't realize how important it is to create compelling content for both visitors and search engines.
Start by going through your current website (if you have one) and take any content that you feel explains your business well. This may be an opportunity to refresh any outdated information and add any features or offering you may have.
If you are building a website from scratch, gather print materials, press releases or blog posts to work off of. Sometimes a lot of the work has already been done for you already.
Get ideas from your competitors or like-minded businesses, but remember, don't steal their content! Search engines deem original content more worthy, besides your website is a way you want to differentiate yourself from the competition.
If you're completely stumped, we've compiled a list of 12 questions for you to answer about your business. We always love a good brainstorming session so let's get started!
1. What services do your clients/prospects most want and need?
2.What are the core strengths of your organization?
3. How do people feel after they use your services?
4. What are your customers trying to accomplish by using your products/services?
5. Describe your typical customer (needs, desires, preferences, fears, pain, etc.).
6. Who is your competition? (please list at least 3-5 competitors)
7. What sets your company apart from others in your industry? Is there a unique aspect to your company that you could use as a point of differentiation?
8. Do you have an existing tagline, slogan or brand statement? If not, would you like to create one.
9. How do prospects find you?
10. What are the central keywords/trigger words that prospects might use to find you online? (I.e. what words would your target audience use to describe the key products/services/information you provide?)
11. What is your target location (international/national/regional/state/local)?
12. What constitutes a successful website visit?
At Byte, we try to make the content population phase as seamless as possible, and always encourage clients to start with this process as early as possible. That way, once the "fun" design process is complete, populating your site with content isn't as dreadful, and we find site launches can be even quicker!
For more helpful information and helpful tips, visit our help docs.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions that may arise!Share on Twitter Share on Facebook